Questions? Call ANHC's Outreach Team at (907) 743-7220.

The Outreach Team can also help you apply for benefits.

Information updated: April 30, 2020


Food Assistance

Map of hot meal and food pantry distribution sites. (From the Municipality of Anchorage.)


Anchorage School District Meal Pick-Up and Delivery

Kids 18 years old and younger receive one free breakfast and lunch each weekday from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Click here for more information and a list of pick-up locations. (In English, Hmong, Korean, Samoan, Spanish, and Tagolog)

The Children's Lunchbox

The Children's Lunchbox will have three sites operating Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays for families to pick up two supper meals and two snack meals for their children 18 and younger. Each family will also receive two pantry boxes that provide a shelf-stable meal for a family of four. Pick-up locations are:

  • Woodland Park Boys and Girls Club in Spenard. 2300 W 36th Ave. M, W, F from 3 to 3:45 p.m.

  • Loussac Place. 200 W 20th Ave. M, W, F from 3 to 3:45 p.m.

  • Mountain View Boys and Girls Club. 315 Price St. M, W, F from 3 to 3:45 p.m.

  • Fairview Rec Center. 1121 E 10th Ave. M, W, F from 4 to 4:45 p.m.

  • Northeast Muldoon Boys & Girls Club (across from Fred Meyer). 1251 Muldoon Rd. M, W, F from 4 to 4:45 p.m.

Food Bank of Alaska

Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Nutrition Program

  • WIC provides nutrition education and counseling, breastfeeding support, nutritious foods, and referrals to other services as needed.

  • They are currently enrolling families by phone. The phone number for the Anchorage WIC office is (907) 343-4668.

Domestic Violence Resources

Abused Women's Aid in Crisis (AWAIC) has a 24 hour crisis and support line. The crisis and support line phone number is (907) 272-0100. Click here for more information.

Homelessness Assistance

Currently closed: Bean's Cafe, Anchorage Gospel Rescue Mission, and Downtown Hope Center.

The Ben Boeke and Sullivan Arenas are operating as temporary homeless shelters in order to provide spacing between clients. Meal service normally provided at Bean's Cafe is now being provided at the Ben Boeke and Sullivan Arenas. 

The Brother Francis Shelter is open to the elderly and individuals with disabilities who do not have housing.

Housing Assistance

These housing assistance agencies have temporarily closed their offices to the public. They are still accepting applications by mail and are available by phone.

  • Alaska Housing Finance Corporation. Website. Phone: (907) 330-6100

  • Cook Inlet Housing Authority. Website. Phone: (907) 793-3020

  • Neighborworks Alaska. Website. Phone: (907) 677-8490


Alaska 2-1-1 is a one-stop resource for finding help in your community. It's free, confidential, and available in almost any language. For life challenges and everyday needs, help starts here. They are available to answer your questions about COVID-19 (although they can't provide medical advice). Dial 2-1-1 or 1-800-478-2221. They are open from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. 7 days a week.

Internet Service for Students and Teachers

Legal Services

Alaska Legal Services assists clients with civil legal issues, including consumer law, domestic violence, family law, and issues with housing. Click here to apply for assistance.

Find answers to frequently asked questions at Alaska Law Help. Topics include housing and utilities, unemployment, workers' rights, and public benefits.

Mental Health Resources

The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Anchorage is offering two online support groups. The meetings are offered at no cost. Pre-registration is required. Learn more here.

  • Family Support Group for those with a loved one 18 years or older who is experiencing symptoms of a mental health condition.

  • Connection Recovery Group for adults who are living with a mental health condition, regardless of diagnosis.

Careline: Alaska's suicide prevention and someone to talk to line.

  • Call anytime, toll-free: 1-877-266-4357 (HELP)

  • Text 4help to 839863 from 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.Tuesday through Saturday

Public Assistance

Public assistance lobbies are currently closed to the public. Though the lobbies are closed, staff members are actively processing paperwork and answering phone calls. 

Public assistance offices are experiencing a high call volume. This has caused a longer than normal wait time. A staff member will contact you by phone or by mail if more information is needed or to inform you of a decision on your application, renewal, or change.

If you need an interview, a staff member will call you. Please note that the call may appear to be from a restricted line. The staff member will leave a message if you do not answer and call back within 5 minutes.


You may submit paperwork by email or fax, or by mail or in person at either office.

Gambell Office

Drop box: 400 Gambell Street


Fax: (907) 269-6520

Muldoon Office

Drop box: 1251 Muldoon Road, Suite 111B


Fax: (907) 269-0070

SNAP, Medicaid, Temporary Assistance, Adult Public Assistance, and Senior Benefit clients: For all clients, all public assistance benefits programs will be extended an additional six months from their current certification end time. For example, clients whose cases were certified through May are now certified through November. There is no need to submit a recertification form.

Reserved Shopping Hours for At-Risk Individuals

  • Carrs: 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. Tuesdays & Thursdays

  • Costco: 8 a.m. to 9 a.m.Tuesdays & Thursdays

  • Fred Meyer: 7 a.m. to 8 a.m. Mondays through Thursdays

  • Target: 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. Wednesdays

  • Three Bears: 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. Mondays through Fridays

  • Walmart: 6 a.m. to 7 a.m. Tuesdays


Anchorage People Mover is temporarily suspending service. AnchorRIDES will still provide service to passengers going to essential locations (for medical care, for example). Only one passenger (and a personal care attendant if necessary) will be permitted at a time. 

Unemployment Benefits

  • Apply for unemployment benefits online here.

  • Unemployment benefits FAQ

  • Are you self-employed? The CARES act created Pandemic Unemployment Assistance to individuals that are self-employed and not eligible for regular unemployment insurance benefits. The department will begin accepting applications for newly covered small business owners in approximately four weeks. Find more information here.


  • Anchorage Water and Wastewater Utility: Will halt shutoffs as long as the municipality declaration of disaster remains in effect. Website. Customer service: (907) 564-2700.

  • Chugach Electric. Website. Customer service: (907) 563-7366.

  • Enstar: Website. Customer service: 1-887-907-9767.

  • Municipal Light & Power: Will halt shutoffs as long as the municipality declaration of disaster remains in effect. Website. Customer service: (907) 263-5340.

4951 Business Park Blvd

Anchorage AK 99503

Main phone number: (907) 743-7200

ANHC is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233 (g)-(n).

 © 2018 Anchorage Neighborhood Health Center