Update 3/11/21: Alaska is now allowing all individuals who live or work in AK to receive a COVID-19 vaccine without any eligibility restrictions.
Please note, there are still certain limitations based on age. The Pfizer vaccine has been approved for anyone aged 16 and older, the Moderna and Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) vaccines are approved for anyone aged 18 and older.
If you are eligible for a vaccine, there are several options available to you:
Call the vaccine hotline at 907-646-3322 for assistance with making an appointment.
Visit www.anchoragecovidvaccine.org to make an appointment for Anchorage-based state-allocated vaccines
Visit www.vax.nuka.com to make an appointment with South Central Foundation (available for anyone 40 and older)
ANHC will have limited vaccine availability. If you would like to learn more, please call us at (907) 743-7200.
Vaccine Sign-up Instructions
1. When you click the link to request an appointment (link currently unavailable-- come back soon), this is the page you will see. When you click Start, you'll be asked to provide some information, including your name, phone number, email address, and date of birth. Please be assured that this information is secure.
2. To confirm your identity, a code will be sent to one of the contact methods you provided. Enter the code and then click Verify Code.
3. The next steps involve providing your age and selecting which of the vaccine-eligible groups you belong to. Then you will select your preferred appointment times.
4. Please be aware that when you click Submit Form, an appointment has been requested but not booked. We will send another message (via text, email, or phone) to confirm your appointment has been booked. We will work to have all appointment requests confirmed as soon as possible.
Note: A medical provider will be in the vaccination area at all times. He or she will be available to assist in the event you have questions or concerns.
Note: Language interpretation is available in many languages, including Hmong, Korean, Samoan, Somali, and Tagolog.
1. Before your appointment, you will be sent a text or email with a link to complete a COVID-19 vaccination screening form. If you do not use text or email, you can also complete this form in person when you arrive. The form will ask questions about past vaccines, vaccine reactions, allergies, and things like that.
2. About 30 minutes before your appointment, you will be sent a text or email with instructions to park on the C Street (east) side of our building. (It's OK to park in spots with "Employee Parking" signs.) Once you arrive, respond to the text message with ARRIVED. Your care team will give you further instructions. If you do not have a smart phone, simply enter the building via the C Street entrance.
3. When you enter the building, you will be asked COVID-19 screening questions. You will also be offered the opportunity to speak with a medical provider about any vaccination questions or concerns you have and be given a card to carry with you throughout the vaccination process.
3. You will then head to the third floor to check in at the COVID-19 Vaccine Check-In Station. At this time, you will be scheduled for your second vaccine dose.
4. One of ANHC's conference rooms is currently serving as our "vaccine waiting room." You will be assigned a seat where you will wait until it's time for your vaccination. Once it's time for your vaccination, you'll be escorted to a private, screened area right outside the conference room.
5. Once you have been vaccinated, you'll return to your seat for an observation period of no more than 30 minutes.
6. You will be given a document with information about what to expect after your vaccination (in English and Spanish). You will also be given a vaccine reminder card. It's very important that you follow up with your second dose as scheduled.