In 1974, Anchorage Neighborhood Health Center (ANHC) began service to Anchorage with a handful of clinicians in a trailer.
Since that time, it has grown to become one of Alaska’s largest and most comprehensive primary care medical and dental practices.
It was Alaska’s first community health center and remains the state’s largest, serving over 13,000 individual patients through over 52,000 visits in 2016.
From its new health center facility in midtown Anchorage, ANHC contains the following:
• Forty-five exam, procedure, and medical consultation rooms organized around 3 medical pods; each pod can support 5 full-time medical provider teams
• Full-service state-of-the-art dental clinic with 10 operatories
• In-house laboratory services integrated with electronic patient records
• Digital x-ray services and 3D tomographic digital mammography
• Pharmacy with services closely coordinated with clinical teams and synchronized with patient finances, offering steeply discounted drugs and consultation programs
• Patient education space for consultation on diabetes and other health conditions
ANHC is a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) under section 330 of the Public Health Service Act and as such is deemed a federal Public Health Service employee.
ANHC is a Health Center Program grantee under 42 U.S.C. 254b, and deemed by FTCA under 42 U. S. C. 233 (g)-(n).